Design and create exclusive Costume Designs supporting the Disney Live Entertainment Costume Design and Development team.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 16, 2022
- Design Skill to include full color renderings. Ability to research from any media. Oversee fabric and trim selections for all designs with the capacity to direct custom textile art.
- Provide pattern instruction to the completion of a project with pattern change and costume prototype oversight, including supervision of costume fittings.
- Direct support staff in the development of textile prints and garment construction documentation (technical flat drawings) and Storyboard development.
- Independently provide design decisions that support Park and Resorts functional and safety requirements domestic and international for Character, Entertainment and Operational costume designs.
- Interface with Costumers, Project Managers, Character Design and Development, WDI Art Directors, WDI Executives and Disney Live Entertainment Creative Directors, Portfolio Leaders and Show Directors for all artwork presentations.
- Partner with Entertainment and Creative Costuming to ensure costume quality and design is consistently maintained and influence changes for improvement in the design and development.
- Minimum 5 years sketch artist experience in live show production, Theatre, Film or Fashion Design
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of textile development and garment construction
- Must understand complexity of design and its relationship to production costs
- Demonstrate proficient ability to create renders in Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent software
- Demonstrated strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or Costume Design or equivalent
MFA in Costume Design or equivalent