Animax Designs: We are seeking a temporary contract Stitcher for our costume department. Stitchers are responsible for the construction of textile and fabric soft goods as directed by the department manager.
Greater Nashville Area
Mar 07, 2022
Contract length: 12 - 30 weeks (estimated)
- Sews, and/or repairs either by machine or hand, the soft goods as assigned.
- Labels soft goods for long term storage.
- Operates a variety of sewing machines, including (but not limited to) single needle industrial; industrial zigzag, overlock, merrow or serger, domestic straight and zigzag machines.
- Manages time effectively on each project.
- Communicates with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Maintains a tidy work space and participates in end of day cleanup.
- Must be able to work on ladders and work from heights, using scissor or boom lifts (training provided)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work around chemicals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years of sewing experience.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Knowledge of costume or fashion history
- Knowledge of fabric types and uses
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of specialty needlework techniques
- Skill in a variety of contemporary and historical hand sewing techniques
- Skill in a variety of contemporary and historical machine sewing techniques
- Ability to safely operate an industrial steam iron
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit for long periods of time