The Craft Editor works with all units within CourtTV to create compelling content for broadcast and digital deliveries.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 24, 2022
This includes Show and Field Producers, Associate Producers, Assignment Desk, and more. Have an unrivaled passion for true crime stories and a strong interest in trial coverage.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner with producers and legal experts to create Emmy-worthy, compelling television
- Create a range of content, each with its own style, pace and branding across linear and digital platforms, including news packages, show opens and long-form.
- Add value to projects with motion graphics, color grading, sound design and your “bag of tricks” you’ve developed in your career.
- Work with Associate Producers to increase their technical and creative skills in Adobe Suite and storytelling.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Extremely strong editing skill, including use of music to tell a story, critical eye in graphic/design storytelling; use of pacing to create tone and set up story arc; media management organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently to meet challenging production schedules
- Must be an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with fellow creatives, engineers, management and others.
- Must have a strong editorial judgment
- Ability to quickly identify needs and opportunities, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a newsroom environment