Sesame Workshop is looking for a freelance Creative Producer, responsible for producing short form content under our Coming Together racial justice initiative.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 20, 2021
The Producer will help to lead the team in production of the highest quality content from concept through delivery. They will help steer the creative/production for the project in alignment with the property’s vision, manage the note process and communication with stakeholders, and guide the team to stay within the production assumptions, on schedule and within budget. This role is planned to be a 9 - 12 month contract.
Across all projects, the Creative Producer’s responsibilities include:
- Lead in the development, review, execution and delivery of short form content
- Act as chief liaison and manager of the relationship with Production Studio(s)
- Work closely with Project Manager and other internal teams, including Curriculum & Content, Formal Learning, Marketing, and Multimedia Programming
- Hire and manage writers, artists and external production partners
- Work closely with Production Operations and Business Affairs on deals and agreements for 3rd party producers, studios, talent/performers, and any other outside vendors.
- Manage stakeholders’ feedback through all phases of production.
- Participate in Coming Together strategic planning
- Create and oversee production schedules and budgets
- Track actuals on a constant basis to ensure projects stay on budget and on schedule
- Deliver production summaries for proposals and work plans to help secure grants and funding
- Provide brand expertise and production consultation at all stages of production, as needed
- Oversee S&P and any necessary clearances for productions.
- As needed, any other tasks associated with the production of the Racial Justice content
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 + years in Series Animation Production at a Production Co. or Studio
- Strong understanding of 2D Animation pipelines, and live action production
- Strong interest in children's media and education, with a vision for how to innovate and deliver educational impact to children
- Passion for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Excellent communication, research and organizational skills
- Experience in direct communications with Network executives and Production Service studios
- Moderate knowledge of editing/production software, tools and technology, and how to support social media
- Capacity to work across multiple projects and supervise various teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and across various time zones
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment