KTNV, a Scripps ABC station, is looking for an Associate Producer to join our Creative Services Team in the dynamic city of Las Vegas.
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Jun 24, 2022
The Associate Producer’s primary focus is to assist with the daily operations of the Scripps promotion department with a focus on supporting and work with the Morning Blend Segments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with Wide Orbit and scheduling of on air web logs, promotional spots and web ads.
- Manage and maintain supervisor and department calendars
- Assist the Creative Services Director with administrative support.
- Post content on station websites and social media platforms and/or purchase facebook ads.
- Write press releases for CMS and upload them onto the web and general distribution.
- Maintain current press listings to communicate to the public as needed.
- Assist with writing, shooting and editing promos and public service announcements
- Coordinate and help organize/execute events, promotions and contests
- Brand ambassador at on-site events as needed
- Write clearly plus shoot video and still photographs and edit video for community events and for multiple platforms.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Participate in promotional events as needed.
- Assist in writing, shooting and editing video at community events for multiple platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High School Diploma/College degree preferred or related background
- At least one (1) year professional broadcasting marketing/promotions/creative services experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Personal Computer skills including MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Video skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and perform well under deadline pressure
- Detail oriented
- Must be familiar with all aspects of Scripps programming and operations, as well as knowledge of station contesting, formats and events.
- Understanding of Facebook ads and written communication for social media platforms.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of editing software
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, PR web services, blogging
- Ability to work alone and in groups as a member of a team
- Fast thinking, energetic and able to meet or exceed deadlines
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance required