WCVB-TV, Boston’s ABC affiliate and Hearst Television station, seeks a highly motivated, organized, and creative person to fill our full time Creative Services Photographer/Editor position.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Boston Area
Sep 08, 2022
A successful candidate will possess superior shooting, lighting, editing and design skills. But a critical element will be the candidate's attitude. We need a person who wants to make impactful television, who dreams up unique promos, who enthusiastically generates great ideas to advance the look of Boston’s most-watched station and possesses the know-how and skill to get it done. We seek a person who pushes us all a little, while collaborating with Producers to help them execute their creative vision.
- As the department’s primary video editor, you will be expected to design and edit market-leading on-air promos.
- As the department’s primary videographer, you will be expected to scout, block, light and shoot market-leading promotional footage.
- Must deliver impeccable design aesthetic and production sensibilities to produce compelling/eye-catching/graphically-pleasing marketing materials.
- Department expert on Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
- Department expert on Windows 11, media management and storage solutions.
- Department expert on new camera, camera support, lighting technology.
- Go-to team member to troubleshoot/solve technical issues quickly, independently and under pressure – both in the edit room and on shoots.
- Passion for marketing news, community programming and digital content.
- Must stay abreast of local news competitive landscape.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Applicant must be an expert Adobe Premiere Pro editor.
- Applicant must have strong motion graphic, title and compositing skills using Adobe After Effects.
- Applicant must be an experienced videographer with advanced knowledge of Canon EOS Cinema cameras, slider and gimbal systems.
- Applicant must have superior field and studio video lighting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical issues quickly, independently and under pressure.
- Ability to lead multiple projects through all phases of production.
- Superior attention to detail, time management, organizational and media management skills.
- Ability to book crews, schedule shoots large and small, delivering on-time and on-budget.
- FAA 107 commercial drone license a plus.
- Required to lift and move production equipment weighing up to and occasionally exceeding 50 lbs.
- Make hands-on contributions to in-studio & remote productions and edit various department projects.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.