KTNV, a Scripps ABC station, is looking for a Sr. Producer to join our Creative Services Team in the dynamic city of Las Vegas. The Sr. Producer is responsible for executing the development of the department’s strategic production and branding plan.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
May 13, 2022
The candidate will write, shoot and edit promotional campaigns, topicals, proof of performance and any station/network sponsorship campaigns. The Sr. Producer will also work with the Creative Services Director on execution of strategy and brand direction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Function as the key producer of station/network image campaigns, investigative promos, and sales/community initiatives. This includes the development of the concept, copywriting, shooting, and spot production.
- Conceptualize, write, shoot, and edit promos including daily topicals, images, programming, web, and special projects to help expand viewership and ratings.
- Serves as lead producer on promo production, including working with other staff to develop and execute promotion for all digital platforms.
- Attends news and sales meetings as needed to discuss campaign direction and implementation.
- Will interpret research projects to maximize our message and target specific viewer demographics and key strategic goals in all promotion/marketing.
- Will be a key liaison between news and sales to create a positive, effective relationship between departments.
- Responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance, and Sales sponsorship spots for broadcast, web, and social media channels.
- Works closely with news/sales team, producers, and leadership staff on social media development and promotional script ideas.
- Shoot video elements for news, programming, and social media spots using the latest HD equipment and techniques.
- Design and create motion and still graphics for on-air, web, and print.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in mass communications, marketing, communications or related field
- 5-8 years of professional broadcast marketing/promotion/creative services experience required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient in post-production editing suites
- Knowledge of shooting video with various cameras.
- Must be able to interpret research and write compelling promotional copy to recruit and retain viewership. Must also be able to write copy for clients to generate product/service sales.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with others.
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Strong ability to write conversationally.
- Must have direct knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results while maintaining good relations with internal and external customers.
- Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be deadline oriented.
- May work nights and/or weekends, when needed
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.