The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 19, 2022
These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. Trainees will work remotely with the potential of working in the office location at a later time. This is a 40 hour a week role, Monday through Friday on a hybrid schedule in our Culver City office.
We are searching for a Creative Group Trainee to provide backup administrative assistance, to maintain department organization, and to provide Creative Executives with development research and coverage.
- Maintain a database of writers, directors, and other major industry players while tracking their availability and their representation
- Keep an up to date log to track all submissions and pitches the department receives
- Provide support in keeping the development files organized and up to date
- Review submitted scripts and prepare notes/coverage for the Creative Executives to review
- Attend and/or transcribe notes from creative department meetings, pitch sessions, development sessions with writers, directors, producers, etc., into memo form for distribution to creative executives.
- Compile research reports for projects in development
- Assistance in greeting business guests before pitches and general meetings
- Support administrative staff with general administrative duties (processing mail, copying, answering phones, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Interested in entertainment business required
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Must be a self-started with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication skills—written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)