Custom Sewing Operators must be able to understand all aspects of the job, from pattern designs to the finished product. Capable of using a variety of industrial sewing machines.
Do you want to be part of the magic behind the magic? The Custom Sewing Operator works behind the scenes to fabricate products necessary to maintain and keep the Disneyland Resort® show quality high. This is your opportunity to work with a talented group of cast members.
Custom Sewing Operators must be able to understand all aspects of the job, from pattern designs to the finished product. Capable of using a variety of industrial sewing machines. This team does not sew garments; instead, they fabricate items such as upholstery, draperies, awnings, umbrellas, weather coverings, flags, pennants, and banners.
(Local Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED)
- Sewing upholstery, draperies, awnings, umbrellas, weather covers, flags, pennants, banners, and any other product that may be required
- Setting correct tension and choosing the proper thread for the product being sewn
- Completing and preparing products for installation including proper tagging and storage of product for pickup
- Sewing various fabrics from the lightest sheers to the heaviest vinyl’s including by hand when required
- Cutting and marking of patterns when required
- Following instructions from a cutter on how to assemble products
- Setting grommets and button snaps
Must have the ability to:
- Make different settings for each product type
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of machines
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Plan, execute, and completes projects on time at the required standard levels
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal communication skills required (ability to positively engage vendors, team members, management, and Cast from Disney divisions outside of the Resort)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to read and understand complex plans and prints from which to complete projects
- Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
- Ability to use an industrial sewing machine
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; Shifts may start as early as 4:00 AM, while some may end as late as 4:00 AM. Casual Regular Cast Members must be available to work Friday evenings and have Saturday or Sunday availability and available to work all holidays and all peak seasons.
This role is Full Time and requires full availability, including working evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
The pay rate for this role in California is $25.00 to $31.92 per hour, which follows the pay scale agreed upon in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.