The Department Assistant, Film will provide administrative support to the VP, Development & Production and VP, Acquisitions & Development in the film group while also supporting general office management duties that benefit the film department as a whole.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 04, 2022
The ideal candidate will be a team player with an energetic demeanor and a vested interest in feature film development, production and acquisitions.
- Proactively manage the calendar of each VP by determining priority level of meeting requests and responding accordingly to invites, both internal and external
- Screen incoming phone calls and occasionally roll calls
- Handle expense reports and travel arrangements as well as send submissions and track incoming/outgoing material
- Read, organize and thoughtfully cover scripts, books and other IP for company’s consideration
- Track industry updates, news and events on a regular basis and share updates with the department
- Participate in department meetings while maintaining and updating department grids
- Work closely with other assistants within the organization
- Experience supporting executives in the entertainment industry is preferred
- Passion for independent film, with the goal of becoming a producer or executive. Savviness in other cultural industries (tv, theatre, literature, music, current events) is also a plus
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under tight time frames
- A self-starter who can work both independently and function well within a team
- Ability to form opinions on material and relay feedback
- Demonstrate strong independent judgment and professionalism to be able to deal with stakeholders across various levels of the organization as well as external creative partners
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other digital workflow tools is important
What you’ll be a part of:
- Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event.
- Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.