Lead, coach, and mentor a passionate, consumer-centric product design team to create and evolve CNBC digital subscription products that serve millions of CNBC customers.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a passionate, consumer-centric product design team to create and evolve CNBC digital subscription products that serve millions of CNBC customers.
- Channel broader CNBC design vision and articulate product design strategy via visual storytelling and artifacts.
- Develop and grow deep expertise on customer needs and behaviors as they apply to subscriptions & data as well as the larger business & industry.
- Shape design strategy and vision for CNBC digital partner experiences, multi-tenant design systems and cross-platform UX
- Set cohesive strategy and vision to elevate our digital products and work with cross-functional teams to deliver value for customers and business.
- Innovate and ideate on how to get the work done as well as on the work itself.
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams including CX and UX research, editorial, marketing, broadcast, advertising, business development and others
- Be a model for team communication when managing peer and stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Strong grasp of theories, concepts, and methods of UX research and user-centered design
- Model and share frameworks to do design research, synthesis, ideation and facilitation.
- Ensures team’s hard skills in design, discovery, and domain expertise are at level.
- Coach and advocate for your team, inspiring and elevating them to their best potential.
- Actively manages direct reports, setting goals and gives follow-up feedback.
- Develop team career planning and growth with individual career plans, reviews, training, 1:1 feedback and assignments.
10+ years of experience as a product designer with successful outcomes for digital products, reaching millions of users, preferably in a media context.
7+ years of experience as a hiring, managing, and mentoring successful multiple designers.
3+ years of design system experience
- Managed high performing team of in-house designers who were embedded in Pods, Agile or Scrum teams
- Advocate for design best practices, integrating UX Research and building meaningful customer experiences.
- Expert in design research with a dedicated human-centered approach to problem solving.
- Highly experienced in design thinking and product discovery.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, articulating ideas effectively and without bias.
- High energy level and a strong work ethic, someone who is self-driven.
- Systems-thinker with deep knowledge of cross-platform design & visual system creation and effective implementation.
- Digital platform, design system, domain spaces (video, authentication, e-commerce) and news industry subject matter expertise.
- Takes an active, participatory role in defining how, what and why the work we do is approached and executed (explain the “why”).
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable managing design operations.
- Holds the team accountable for high quality product design and timely cross-functional communication.
- Experience with or interested in finance, investing, market data.
- Strong opinions, loosely held.
- A sense of humor and gratitude for others.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we’d love to meet up! If interested, send us a resume and a link to your portfolio.
Note: this position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don’t panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area!