The Design Project Manager (DPM) is responsible for all aspects of graphics production. The position delegates and tracks long-term and short turn around design projects including print, photography, digital and motion projects for the Entertainment divisions.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 09, 2023
The Design Project Manager (DPM) is responsible for all aspects of graphics production. The position delegates and tracks long-term and short turn around design projects including print, photography, digital and motion projects for the Entertainment divisions. The DPM regularly communicates with department leads to manage the production needs of the department, including workflow assessment, formats, and procedures.
Scripps offers a remote work option for this position
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Serve as the main point of contact on all Design assignments and communicate information in a timely and professional manner with Channel leads and producers.
- Multi-tasking and managing various assignments in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- See assignments through from the initial kick-off to the final delivery.
- Manage and produce internal partners and external vendors to clarify objectives, establish priorities and define parameters.
- Primary liaison for Fonts, Stock footage and graphic databases.
- Schedules work, reviews completed work for formatting, accuracy, and general appearance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic design, mass communications, marketing, communications, or related field.
- At least (+3) years of professional broadcast news/marketing/promotion/creative services experience required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- +3 years of production experience in video, news, print, photography and digital as well as a proven track record in launching branding campaigns or shows.
- In-depth knowledge of graphics production and processes including Adobe Creative Suite, CG animation and live graphics systems.
- +3 years strong coordinator or news design management.
- Proficiency in Wrike or equivalent project management programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detailed oriented.
- Ability to work independently and to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work with a variety of cross functional leaders and creatives to support and advocate for world class work.
- May work nights and/or weekends, when needed.
- Travel 10%.