NBC News and MSNBC Digital are seeking a Designer to join our growing Art and Photo Department. The designer will work closely with editors, reporters, and art directors to visualize our stories and brand on nbcnews.com, msnbc.com and our digital platforms.
Greater New York City Area
Feb 10, 2023
This position is represented by the News Guild – NY CWA.
- Producing conceptual, photo-heavy illustrations with Photoshop and Illustrator for inclusion in stories on nbcnews.com, msnbc.com, and our social platforms
- Designing templates and graphics for our social platforms, newsletters, and video thumbnails
- Selecting and editing images for inclusion in stories published on nbcnews.com, msnbc.com, and our social platforms
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- 2+ years of experience producing, editing and working in design
- Portfolio that demonstrates an eye for storytelling, photography, concept, composition, illustration, color and typography
- Some familiarity with design systems and designing for a brand at scale
- Able to work easily between multiple content and CMS types to publish work on deadline
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma
- Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of work examples — if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Must be self-motivated while maintaining a collaborative team orientation
- Strong candidates with equivalent experience and education may be considered
Salary range: $85,000 - $95,000.