We are seeking a strong creative designer who is open minded, collaborative, and willing to roll up their sleeves and stretch their design skills to bring our Star Trek Franchise to life.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 18, 2022
The Designer is responsible for crafting initial concepts and ideas, deck presentations, logos and type layouts, social media posts and print design. This role must be able to build new ideas as well as build-out and deliver adaptive creative from finished art. This person should have the ability to retain and understand file management, unpack basic project requirements and delivery dates, and is a self-starter with a high bias for action.
This person should be obsessed with design trends, always looking for new, creative ways to apply them to the franchise. They will take direction from Art Directors and Senior Designers, and as such should take mentorship and feedback to heart. Lastly, the ideal person should have a true passion for the Star Trek franchise and a love for social and new content trends.
- Design digital franchise elements - .com, social, podcasts, etc.
- Great at communicating concepts by generating quick mock-ups, designs and sketches that help bring marketing ideas to life
- Able to ideate and construct ideas within a team-based design environment
- Has a strong understanding of graphic design, illustration, animation, video editing and gifs.
- Design breakthrough creative for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitch, etc.
- Develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication and collaboration
- 4+ years working experience or degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art/Design, Advertising or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Full knowledge of Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Having a knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4D or other 3D software is a plus.
- Conceptual skills from brief to initial boards.
- Understanding of design, photography and cinematography.
- Love for Typography
- Knowledge of digital and social standard methodologies.
- Working knowledge of digital/print production, photography, photo-retouching, and key art compositing
- Knowledge in Keynote and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working within various remote systems such as Frame.io, Jira, Widen, MS Suite, and G-Suite.
- In-Depth understanding of resolution, color space, and mechanical production.
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for several projects (sometimes highly confidential in nature) Well organized, meticulous, able to multitask, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Phenomenal teammate who is able to build relationships quickly with internal and external partners with a wide range of personality types.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Creative problem solver with strategic and analytical prowess.
- Embraces accountability.
Provide a portfolio showcasing a range of work.