WFMY News 2, TEGNA's CBS affiliate in Greensboro, North Carolina, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for local news on digital, social media and streaming platforms.
Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area
Our ideal candidate loves news and wants to work on the cutting edge of digital and social media. This person will have an audience-first approach to producing and distributing editorial content, that will reach our audience wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This producer will also manage content produced by others, requiring strong copy editing skills for our various digital platforms.
Successful digital content producers are leaders in the newsroom with innovative, solid news judgement, strong news writing skills, social media experience and demonstrable experience producing and editing content for digital platforms. The right candidate will create enterprise content through social listening and being plugged into the community. The person who joins the WFMY News 2 team will be driven to innovate and improve the audience experience and want to win on all platforms.
- Write and distribute original and breaking news content
- Edit reporter stories for grammar and AP style
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational and authentic manner
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics in determining content creation and distribution
- Perform other tasks as required by Supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2 years of digital experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of AP style and copy editing
- Experience in online CMS, photo and video editing systems
- Has strong news and editorial judgment, and understands the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
- Strong social media skills, on platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
Day, Evening, Overnight