Minneapolis, MN KARE 11 is seeking a Digital Content Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news and working on the cutting edge of digital and social media.
This position will distribute KARE 11 content digitally to reach our customers whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This will include implementing best practices by platform, social listening, making data-informed decisions and copy editing for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets.
The successful candidate is a strong writer, with significant digital experience and solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, familiarity with digital metrics, video and photo editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. This person should also have an insatiable appetite for following ever-evolving news consumption habits, trends and emerging technology.
• Produce digital first, engaging storytelling through articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
• Focuses on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
• Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Taboola, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
• Curate KARE 11 homepage and app
• Aggressively cover breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news push alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles.
• Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions
• Work with Marketing and Sales departments on cross-department initiatives and contests
• Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content
• Report digital technical issues and follow-through on resolution
• Implement best practices on KARE 11 digital and social platforms
• Communicate with the newsroom about all news that comes into the building during your shift
• Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity across platforms
• Two years experience working as a digital producer or digital journalist
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound news judgment and ability to work both autonomously and as a part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
• Interest in digital metrics and preferably experience in Google Analytics, CrowdTangle and Taboola Newsroom
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.