KGTV, The E.W. Scripps Company ABC affiliate in San Diego, California, is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our team. The Digital Content Producer will organize, write scripts and update content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms.
Greater San Diego Area
Sep 07, 2023
KGTV, The E.W. Scripps Company ABC affiliate in San Diego, California, is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our team. The Digital Content Producer will organize, write scripts and update content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. They will create compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station's and/or Scripps brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write and edit content including headlines, short news alerts and teases, enhancing content with outside links, maps, slideshows.
- Publish and manage content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Produce digital video when assigned.
- Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality, consistent community coverage online.
- Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
- Update and interact with fans/followers on social media.
- Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned.
- Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
- Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
- Optimize the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices to every piece of content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Generally 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Skilled with content management systems, hypertext markup language (HTML), audio editing, image editing, cascading style sheets (CSS) and social networking
- Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content
- Must have basic HTML formatting skills and working knowledge file transfer protocol (FTP)/publishing web content
- Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and multi-tasking
- Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/handheld video cameras
- Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms
- Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website
- Basic video editing skills a plus
Hourly: $28.84 - $31.25