WTMJ, the Scripps-owned NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is looking for a Digital Content Producer. The Digital Content Producer organizes, writes scripts and updates content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms.
Greater Milwaukee Area
Aug 28, 2023
WTMJ, the Scripps-owned NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is looking for a Digital Content Producer. The Digital Content Producer organizes, writes scripts and updates content on digital platforms with a primary focus on local websites, mobile apps, and social media platforms. Responsible for creating compelling content that is aligned with and enhances the station's and/or Scripps brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Writes and edits content including headlines, short news alerts and teases, enhancing content with outside links, maps, slideshows.
- Publishes and manages content on multiple digital platforms, including the station's local website, mobile and social networks using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Produces digital video when assigned.
- Assist in online coverage of major news event, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online.
- Build out special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
- Updates and interacts with fans/followers on social media.
- Anchor/host content for digital platforms as assigned
- Coordinate with editorial and technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
- Work with other departments, including sales and marketing, as needed on site and/or station initiatives that require content integration.
- Optimizes the user experience by tracking live web metrics and user experience best practices.
- Applies SEO best practices to every piece of content.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
- Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content.
- Must have basic HTML formatting skills and knowledge of how to FTP/publish web content.
- Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and need to multi-task.
- Must have strong newspaper-style writing, editing and headline skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience with still-image photography using digital cameras/hand held video cameras.
- Must have working knowledge of how to use and update social media platforms.
- Must have photo editing skills with ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed for publishing on website.
- Basic video editing skills a plus.