We are looking for a highly motivated and creative digital editor who speaks and writes and both English and Spanish fluently. This person will write, edit, publish and curate digital content of national interest for NBC and Telemundo station websites and digital platforms, managing the national content during the weekday overnight shift.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 27, 2023
The digital editor will work with a team of national digital producers as well as local digital teams at both NBC and Telemundo stations. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses great people skills; can write clean, compelling and creative content in English and Spanish; possesses excellent news judgment; and is a self-starter who does well under pressure.
The editor must have excellent coaching and communication skills to build relationships in remote environments as this role must actively and consistently communicate with the digital teams at the local stations.
Writing tests in English and Spanish will be part of the application process.
- Contribute original content daily of national importance to our markets’ websites.
- Curate national content to our sites from a variety of wire and content partner sources.
- Translate content between English and Spanish when needed
- Assist local editors covering major breaking news stories, including editing stories, writing sidebars, contributing original reporting, building photo galleries, creating basic text-on-screen videos, etc
- Contribute to enterprise projects that support local news coverage
- Look for opportunities to proactively build content for upcoming events and stories. Participate in broader strategic discussions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, political science, English or Spanish
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Must be able to work overnight eastern time hours
- Experience as an editor, writer or producer at a major news organization that creates content under tight deadlines
- Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system
- Must be able to write on deadline with speed and accuracy using AP Style
- Proven ability to successfully communicate with editors, producers and reporters at different levels of experience (including broadcast-focused colleagues) and possess a can-do mentality as unexpected challenges arise
- Experience creating/editing videos on Premiere, Final Cut orDavinci Resolve, and experience editing photos with Photoshop
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting tools are desirable
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- Willingness to follow very specific systems and workflow, while also exercising excellent judgment to know when additional measures are needed
Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000