CBSPhilly.com and CBS News Philly provide trusted news, traffic, sports, weather, entertainment, and lifestyle digital content for the Philadelphia region. The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for the overall content production on the sites, app, and social media channels.
Greater Philadelphia Area
Mar 23, 2022
The candidate will write, copyedit, and publish news articles in addition to editing and uploading videos and photos. The Producer manage distribution of content on social media and support CBS News Philly's multiplatform streaming objectives.
We are looking for a high-performance, experienced individual who has a background in breaking news, strong communication skills and an ability to identify and independently pursue unique local content as a digital reporter. The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for making important editorial decisions and identifying lead stories. The candidate will be required to interact daily with national and local editorial staff to coordinate online coverage and identify broadcast promotional opportunities. The candidate will be a diligent copyeditor who is meticulous about spelling, grammar, and overall accuracy of the content. The candidate must be creative and willing to think out-of-the-box to troubleshoot when technical issues arise.
• At least 3 years of experience writing news
• Breaking news experience
• HTML and Wordpress knowledge
• AP style and copyediting experience
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom
• Must be available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
• Proficient in optimally using social media channels to drive traffic to the website.
• Video and photo editing experience
• College degree in journalism or communication or comparable work experience
• Understanding of SEO strategies
• Advanced video and photo editing experience
• Experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics