CBS NEWS MINNESOTA is looking for a Digital Line Producer to work on WCCO’s live streaming network and other digital outlets, managing and creating content for audiences.
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Mar 24, 2023
The content producer will work with a digital team managing, optimizing and timing live and on-demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms. The content producer works in coordination with News Managers and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, and takes on other responsibilities such as writing headlines, conducting interviews, editing and publishing video, and maximizing SEO and shareability of all content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Overseeing content on CBS NEWS MINNESOTA by building show rundowns and segments, editing video and scripts whenever needed.
- Aggressively manage and publish updated news stories, video segments and photo slideshows, concentrating on developing stories and breaking news.
- Tracking news and events; coordinating coverage with managers and line producers.
- Constantly updating news stories in the stream and producing breaking news and other updates as they happen instead of waiting for a scheduled newscast.
- Monitor daily news continuously, using wires and other news sources to write content for WCCO.com.
- Anticipating the needs of CBS NEWS MINNESOTA for video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Coding/stacking rundown content with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Writing memorable headlines, scripts and segments.
- Working with managers and the entire digital team to develop and produce special content utilizing the resources and storytelling of the entire WCCO Newsroom.
- Conducting interviews in the field or over web camera, shooting video, producing stories, and editing video for audiences on digital and social media platforms.
- Demonstrating expertise in timing in a control room environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in creating and publishing digital stories and video content.
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
- Knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with editing systems such as Edius/Stratus, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere required.
- Familiarity with iNews, and Cripsin Rapid Play preferred.
- Available for early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Understanding of SEO.