KDKA is looking for a full-time overnight digital & streaming producer as we continue to expand our content presence on multiple screens.
Location Not Provided
The news doesn't stop and we're looking for a content producer who understands the mission of journalism. Our new hire should be able to deliver content on digital desktop, mobile apps, our streaming service CBSN Pittsburgh, and broadcast.
- Write copy for desktop to maintain an up-to-date reporting on local and regional news.
- Edit video from various sources to accompany digital content on kdka.com and CBSN Pittsburgh.
- Write and manage social posts for their respective voices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, et al).
- Monitor scanners, sources and also vet emerging news content.
- Proven ability to write and update news content on tight deadlines and communicate forward with the news team.
- Must make sound editorial decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to edit news footage into digital and streaming platforms.
- Proven experience communicating via various outlets: Email, Slack, Phone, etc.
- Experience with Photoshop, iNews, Edius, Social Newsdesk, Crispin, WordPress and other digital tools preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- At least two years' experience producing content for digital outlets (newspaper, television, radio, blogs).
- Must provide writing examples upon request.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Newsroom experience preferred.