Create editorial, interactive, and multimedia content on Oprah.com, WatchOWN.tv, designated show sites and YouTube. Nurture, grow and extend the Oprah and OWN brands out into the world.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Work with the OWN Digital editorial team, as well as the OWN Digital marketing, design and web development teams, to strategize, plan and create digital video content that drives visibility, promotion and revenue for OWN programming. Conceptualize, create and support digital content and coverage for various OWN shows as needed. Work in a fast-paced, uplifting environment with a dedicated team, including experienced editorial, creative and technical staff.
*This is a full-time freelance contract position. The position is based in Los Angeles.
- Produce episodic and short-form coverage of various OWN network shows, working in conjunction with digital and on-air producers.
- Select compelling video clips to drive views and boost audience engagement. Work with video and design teams to secure images and other multimedia elements, if applicable, to accompany pieces.
- Write and edit engaging copy for videos and landing pages on various platforms such as Oprah.com and YouTube with an eye on SEO.
- Work with PR, marketing and social teams to implement digital campaigns to support linear shows.
- Sharply interpret data and video metrics to inform content strategy and translate/share those curated digital insights with network producers.
- Browse archive/library content to find timely/relevant clips to pull, produce and promote as stand-alone clips or themed mashups.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for repackaging and refreshing existing content.
- Assist in the creation of editorial calendars, taking into consideration pop culture highlights and entertainment highlights.
- Liaise with various departments, including Publicity, On-Air, Legal and Social, as well as network talent, to gather required materials from show, address rights issues and help market content.
- Help to program the Oprah.com and WatchOWN.tv homepages as needed.
- Work on other OWN Digital editorial and multimedia projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned, enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter who is a strong writer and knows how to translate on-air content for digital audiences. The digital producer must feel comfortable multitasking and meeting extremely tight deadlines. He/she should be comfortable being a creative problem solver, representing OWN Digital in meetings, and communicating efficiently and diplomatically with all levels of staff and departments.
- Proven track record of identifying/pitching successful digital video ideas
- Strong writing skills, particularly in writing short-form headlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet daily deadlines
- Minimum 4 years producing content for digital audiences
- Experience working with executive stakeholders, external vendors and talent
- Experience managing expectations and project timelines
- Television and/or publishing experience a plus
- Familiarity with HTML and tools such as: Teamsite, Confluence/JIRA, Google Analytics
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, creative, fast-paced environment
- Hours must be flexible
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications desire