Telemundo39.com is looking for an intelligent and highly motivated bilingual Digital Producer to produce predominantly Spanish-language content for the Dallas-Fort Worth station’s various platforms.
The Digital Producer will help with broadcast newsroom collaboration, write and produce several stories per day as well as manage Telemundo39.com social media accounts through consistent, engaging, and on-brand posts. This individual should have excellent writing, editing, and influencing skills.
• Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by working with reporters in the field, the news assignment desk, and independent sources alike.
• Create and write Spanish-language content from English language sources.
• Manage production of articles, videos, and slideshows by making phone calls, verifying content on social media, and working with reporters in the field.
• Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by collaborating with the assignment desk, reporters, news staff, and independent sources
• Curate the homepage and various other subsections.
• Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, live streams, slideshows)
• Produce all news sections, including the homepage and contribute to local franchises.
• Work with senior editors at Local Media’s national editorial center in Miami and New York.
• Coordinate with news producers to cross-promote on-air and online content
• Be an advocate for Telemundo39. com in the newsroom and beyond.
• Quickly learn the site’s audience and write and distribute content based on this audience
• Manage the social media strategy for Telemundo 39's social media accounts by posting relevant content throughout the day so that the voice, tone, and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy on-air and online and delivers on key metrics.
• Monitor social media channels for breaking news and breaking sports news.
• Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
• Abide by the ethical standards of the Telemundo Station Group when creating and producing content for all platforms.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must be able to write for digital
• Must have experience in a newsroom
• Must be fluent in writing and speaking Spanish and English
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www. nbcunicareers. com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth area just south of DFW airport
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to work overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed or required
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Some experience as an editor, writer or producer at a news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Knowledge of TV and web writing
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in editing video for TV and web and other platforms.
• Experience with WordPress VIP, SocialFlow, and push alert publishing tools a plus
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly and with flair
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of the DFW area is considered a plus
• Team player mentality