5NEWS, the most watched station in Northwest Arkansas, is hiring a digital producer to produce daily content across our digital and social platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
Jun 12, 2023
5NEWS, the most watched station in Northwest Arkansas, is hiring a digital producer to produce daily content across our digital and social platforms. This position will report to the Digital Manager, who is responsible for overall digital strategy.
In this role, you will be responsible for digital content creation – including in breaking news, sports and weather events. You will be involved in launching live streams, writing articles, editing videos, creating social graphics and working with reporters to have daily content showcased to its highest potential across platforms.
You will help reinforce our brand identity through engaging social media content that drives awareness for our products.
- Write articles, clip videos, post on social media, send push alerts and all other reporting efforts required of digital producers.
- Work with digital leadership to execute web strategies to achieve identified goals
- Help spearhead breaking news efforts across digital, mobile, streaming, social and audio platforms
- Assist with all 5NEWS digital, mobile, social, audio and streaming products, with an emphasis on ensuring quality in content, SEO strategy, story layouts, headline testing, and conversational push alerts, etc.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform content decisions, in consultation with the senior digital producer
- Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with 5NEWS and AP style guidance
- Work alongside multi-skilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on production of their content for digital audiences
- Understand the workflow and expectations of the assignment desk and digital team
- Collaborate with other TEGNA stations and other partners
- Uphold the 5NEWS brand in all you do, from interacting with colleagues to producing content
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field or relevant experience
- Organizational skills and ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Work Environment: Office
- Physical Demands: Sedentary work
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.