Seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic digital Producer with a strong passion for journalism.
Greater New York City Area
This position includes multi-media acquisition of news content and its distribution, heavy editing of web videos, text on screen, and the creation of graphics. A candidate with experience supervising teams, fact-checking scripts, and approving edits is preferred.
- The position requires proficiency with social media platforms - including, but not limited to - Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube.
- The Producer must have the ability to take a traditional news story and turn it into a web video that can generate engagement on social platforms.
- The Producer will be required to generate original content, write copy, and edit videos that meet CBS News standards. They must be up to date on all social technology and always be looking for new ways to engage people on digital platforms.
- The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- This position includes evening hours and may include some early morning and weekend responsibilities.
- 5 years experience in broadcast, cable or digital news preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast networks and stations/markets a plus.
- Available to work various schedules.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms, OTT, streaming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Avid.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
- Experience supervising teams is preferred.