We are looking for someone who can help build up our livestreaming news coverage and can think outside the box to create new ways to connect with news viewers on multiple platforms. This person will be responsible for content creation between newscasts that can air on digital platforms, and identifying live opportunities on-air, our website, app, social media and OTT devices.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Central Texas. The CBS, CW, Telemundo, and MeTV affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility helps employees showcase their award-winning content. Two storm-chasing vehicles, the Weather Edge and Weather Explorer, give our crews mobile weather labs to track severe weather. The stations most valuable resource is its team members. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years.
Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB Service to America Award, recognizing the nations top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for
This is a unique job in a fast-paced modern newsroom with a hyper-local focus, that gives a whole new meaning to multi-media journalist/producer. If you thrive off breaking news, enjoy long-form interviews, have strong technical skills, and are looking to be on the cutting edge of the newest direction in news, this job is for you! We are looking for someone who can help build up our livestreaming news coverage and can think outside the box to create new ways to connect with news viewers on multiple platforms. This person will be responsible for content creation between newscasts that can air on digital platforms, and identifying live opportunities on-air, our website, app, social media and OTT devices.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Reporting breaking news events happening live locally and/or nationally and scheduling/conducting live interviews.
- Ability to produce, present, and technically direct unique content every day that will broadcast on multiple platforms.
- Ability to turn content generated on OTT platforms into stories that can be used on air, web, and social media.
- Able to think quickly without a script and go live on multiple platforms simultaneously.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle technical skills while reporting live.
- Works on special projects, including investigative reporting and long-form features.
- Assists with other newsroom duties as directed by management.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and hours that could change often depending on the needs of the news team.
- A degree in Journalism or related field is required for this position.
- Prior professional experience working in news media on-air or as a producer preferred.
- Must be a proficient writer on all platforms, have command of basic grammar and familiarity with AP style guidelines.
- Must be a news junkie who is always aggressively seeking content that is new, now and next.
- Must have a knowledge of government on the local, state and federal levels.
- Experience with video and photo editing software crucial.
- Knowledge of analytic programs such as Social News Desk and Crowdtangle required.
- Strong professional social media skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational/scheduling skills.
- Solid technical and computer skills, with the ability to shoot, edit, write, and technically direct content independently.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability and knowledge to contribute to our bilingual Telemundo platforms desired.
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.