MSNBC is looking for an experienced Digital Producer for The Beat with host Ari Melber.
Greater New York City Area
Sep 29, 2022
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Produce, develop, create, and edit editorial content, including text, photo, and video for multiple platforms.
- Responsible for growing audience engagement and interaction online and broadcast.
- Works in editor capacity with host and senior producers to develop and refine editorial tone. and voice through its daily blogs and social media outlets.
- Researches, writes articles, and blog posts.
- Speedy decision-making and quick reactions to newsworthy/fresh topics.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work extra hours on breaking news and specials when needed.
- Strong editorial judgement on digital posts and digital headline writing.
- Ability to produce Instagram videos from show content with a creative flare and music .
- Able to produce digital launches for exclusives, events and special series.
- Understanding of digital analytics and data for quarterly presentations.
- Minimum 5 years of web content, internet or editorial experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in writing and editing and familiarity with online content communities
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Familiarity with television and digital production procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well both independently (must be a self- starter) and collaboratively as part of an integrated team
- Strong follow-through and attention to detail
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan compelling digital content
- Knowledge of current events, politics and American history
- Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds