Digital/Social Video Associates oversee the daily creation and curation of video content for ESPN-branded social channels, ESPN digital platforms and ESPN YouTube channels. They produce video, write headlines and evaluate stories and videos for accuracy, fairness and social/viral potential.
Jun 23, 2023
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Digital/Social Video Associates oversee the daily creation and curation of video content for ESPN-branded social channels, ESPN digital platforms and ESPN YouTube channels. They produce video, write headlines and evaluate stories and videos for accuracy, fairness and social/viral potential. Editors must be able to track performance metrics and video analytics on ESPN platforms, enhancing the distribution model on all channels. This individual must have a commanding knowledge of Search Engine Optimization, be organized, and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile/social environments. Must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully in identifying and/or developing up-to-the-minute video content optimized for multiple platforms and user needs.
- Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Digital Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
- Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
- Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on YouTube channels and ESPN Platforms.
- Produce, create, and edit videos. This will include headline writing, tagging and managing an overall style and voice, and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
- 1-2 years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams.
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- Excellent headline writing skills, an understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution.
- Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment.
- Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems.
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
- Non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, WSC, etc.)
- Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
- An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field