The Associate Producer I is tasked with the production and editing of narrative video content on ESPN-branded channels across social and digital platforms.
This role requires knowledge of digital media distribution and content creation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and constantly innovating their approach to content technically, tactically, and creatively.
Preferred location is CT, but may be open to alternate locations.
- Edit high-end original longform and short form video content for ESPN’s YouTube channel, as well as other social and digital platforms and linear TV
- Work with talent to write and refine scripts
- Create graphics (static and motion) that stand out in a social/digital environment
- Conduct research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
- Research, write and disseminate ideas for future content elements on ESPN platforms
- Shoot video content in both studio and field environments
- Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements, and publish to various platforms
- Write headlines and descriptions of videos, and add other elements in the publishing process, in order to maximize effectiveness of content on digital platforms
- Provide feedback for other editors on the team
- Capitalize on data to drive content creation
- Accountable for strict adherence to established production department procedures
- Strong knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
- Strong video editing ability in Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
- Strong storytelling skills, creativity and a passion for pitching and executing story ideas from ideation to publication
- Fluency in the YouTube mediascape and other emerging platforms
- Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills, and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and platforms
- Video shooting experience, including lighting, camera and audio
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays