Allen Media Broadcasting is looking for a hardworking, innovative and goal driven Accounting Director to contribute to the continued success of our company. The Accounting Director will be on the front line of process improvements to help strengthen internal controls and increase efficiencies while also reducing the close cycle requirements.
Allen Media Broadcasting is looking for a hardworking, innovative and goal driven Accounting Director to contribute to the continued success of our company. The Accounting Director will be on the front line of process improvements to help strengthen internal controls and increase efficiencies while also reducing the close cycle requirements. The position must provide thorough and thoughtful analysis in order to properly maintain various account reconciliations and customer accounts. The Accounting Director will have the opportunity to implement policies and procedures, work closely with senior management, other members of the accounting and finance team to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial records in accordance with GAAP. The Accounting Director will also manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions within the accounting group, including expense analysis. Excellent communication, along with analytical, problem solving and organizational skills are crucial to the success of this position.
- Oversee and lead a team of AP and AR specialists, responsible for managing and improving the accounts payable and account receivable processes
- Work closely with the VP Accounting with maintaining and improving the Company’s accounting and financial reporting function, including general ledger maintenance and preparation of accurate and timely books and records, while maximizing the potential of the Company’s ERP system.
- Play a primary role with respect to the Company’s monthly close and reporting process including preparation of the consolidated financial statements, and variance analysis.
- Perform analysis, assess appropriate accounting treatment, and book the accruals for credits, reserves, revenue, gross downs etc.
- Participate in the Company’s annual financial audits, working closely with external auditors.
- Develop and implements strategic initiatives to drive organizational change
- Optimize reporting processes to identify and realize operational efficiencies
- Support Leadership Team with various ad-hoc projects.
- Contribute to process and system improvements in the revenue cycle & accounts payable process, including ERP system enhancement and departmental projects. Assist team accountants as needed with accurate, complete, and timely invoicing for Company’s customers and generating vendor payments.
- Work effectively with cross functional departments to continually improve the customer invoicing and collection process
Requirements or Preferred Experiences:
- Minimum of 8+ years Accounting/Finance experience; with a thorough understanding of US GAAP. Strong general ledger and monthly close experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior supervisory experience required
- Experience with Great Plains strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business with accounting/finance concentration
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills, including experience with Pivot Tables and V-Lookup functions
- Experience working with external auditors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytic ability
- Always be willing to make a genuine effort to help with any task, job function, or project for which assistance is requested
- Works collaboratively across boundaries—divisions, functions, geography
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision and within tight deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite Skills
- Financial Statement Preparation
- General Ledger Accounting
- Account Reconciliation
- Revenue Recognition and ASC 606
- GAAP Standards
- Month-End/Quarter-End/Year-End Close
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills with Strong Analytic Ability
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the VP Accounting. This is a hybrid position with a minimum requirement of three (3) days per week working in the office.