In this role as Director, Casting for Disney+ and Disney Channel, this person will oversee the casting of pilots, series and movies and guide producers in the casting process from development to pilots, series and movies casting.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 08, 2022
- Create talent idea lists for Disney+ and Disney Channel programs, as well as general casting, on an ongoing basis.
- Listen to and review pitches from talent representatives as it pertains to current and future casting, and maintain and build relationships with these representatives.
- Consult with executives, producers and independent casting directors on each project and advise on actors that should be considered for projects and/or development.
- Assist in talent outreach initiatives including talent searches and workshops.
- Scout talent at theater, comedy and film festivals, and showcases for current and future casting ideas and distribute ongoing reports that detail findings.
- A minimum of 7 years in Media/Entertainment as part of the creative process, including direct experience casting for scripted productions
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated relationships with talent, casting directors, talent representatives and others involved in the creative process
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including overtime, and/or on weekends with short notice
- Ability to function in a demanding environment with competing and changing priorities
- Ability to recognize a need and take ownership of its completion
- Ability to work as a team player within the department
- Demonstrates the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience
- Familiarity with IMDB, Studio System, ESN, VPO, DAX, CastIt Systems are preferable
- Required Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience