WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Current Series for the Programming department.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 28, 2021
- Provide creative feedback on adult animated shows.
- Oversee all aspects of adult series created for networks, cable channels and streaming services. This includes but not limited to the reading and evaluation of outlines, scripts, storyboards and animatics with regard to concept, character development, story structure, humor and dialog.
- Act as liaison between Standards and Practices and the various series.
- Help staff various shows with writers, directors and other artists.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, keeping management updated and informed of all show related matters.
- Represent series to internal departments such as Marketing, Consumer Products, PR, etc.
- Act as the Studio representative to the creative community.
- Interact with Showrunners, writing staff, producers, PODS and Network executives on a daily basis.
- 8+ years of adult animation or comedy development experience, studio/seller experience a plus
- Passion for our brands, youth, music, comedy and pop culture.
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of script (character/story) format.
- Self-starter who thrives in a complex, fast paced, dynamic, and results oriented environment.
- Professional presence; an articulate and well received communications style.
- Ability to make decisions and problem-solve.
- Hard-working self-starter with an aptitude for the start-up environment
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be time and schedule oriented and hit rolling deadlines.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands