Disney Junior is looking for a Director, Current Series.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jul 21, 2022
- Oversees all aspects of production from premise to final episode delivery.
- Strong creative and communication skills with regard to evaluating and giving notes on scripts, storyboards, rough cuts, casting, music and mixes. Proven knowledge of story and script structure.
- Collaborate with Casting, Music, Production, Legal and Finance, Brand Franchise, and other departments within TWDC, throughout the production process.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with talent, agents and industry executives.
- Represent Disney Junior’s creative point of view, uphold network standards and production guidelines on all projects.
- 7+ years’ experience in current series production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about animation and kids programming, specifically pre-school-aged content
- In-depth knowledge of the animation, visual effects, comics, related disciplines and industries
- Familiarity with animation series pipelines and schedule
- Deep industry contacts to artists, agents, writers, filmmakers and executives, especially emerging talent
- Proven networking capabilities with professional organizations, creative groups, alumni associations and interest in building strong relationships within TWDC
- Strong presentation skills
- Deep understanding of emotional and character-driven storytelling for children.
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible and multitask in a fast-paced and non-static environment
- Proven ability to solve problems and interact with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in media, film or theatre, or equivalent work experience.