The Director of Broadcast Operations is responsible for the management and direction of all Yale Athletics broadcasts and live event streaming including but not limited to ESPN+ and Stretch Internet.
1. Create original video content for the department of athletics website.
2. Create content for video boards at home venues, including welcome videos, corporate partner advertisements, and special achievements.
3. Liaison with the Ivy League and the ILDN host company.
4. Oversee purchase and use of technology for video and streaming purposes.
5. Broadcast home contests for the following sports: a. Volleyball, M/W Soccer, Football, M/W Basketball, M/W Hockey, M/W Squash, M/W Lacrosse, M/W Crew, M/W Tennis; b. Including pre-recorded special content for half-time shows and timeouts.
6. Oversee a team of Yale students and casual employees who handle talent, cameras and production for ILDN games.
7. Serve as the game broadcast coordinator.
8. Provide highlight clips for yalebulldogs.com and other media.
9. Create and manage website for point of sale of game video and images.
10. Log, manage, organize and archive large amounts of video.
11. Attendance at athletic events for Yale’s varsity teams.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 2 years’ of creative production experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Knowledge and demonstrated experience of NewTek streaming equipment and live event production as well as Blackmagic.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to work through and succeed in high pressure situations. Well versed in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and/or similar editing software.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong knowledge of ESPN and linear broadcast standards and transmission process.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to monitor and troubleshoot multiple events simultaneously including SDI and audio after fiber.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Working knowledge of fiber connections, remote staff streaming and connectivity between spaces.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Preferred 3 to 5 years of experience in the college athletics field in video production and experience with AJT graphics, Dante audio, high-definition cameras, Nevco video boards, and other streaming software’s. Experience hiring and managing a video production staff of up to 10 people on gamedays.