WBNS 10TV is looking for an energetic, creative Director of Photography to join our leadership team.
Columbus, Ohio Area
Jan 13, 2022
The ideal leader is devoted to excellence in themselves and inspiring their team to be innovative in a visual medium. They will work closely with the News Director and team of tenured photographers to create a culture of innovation and inspiration for content across all platforms.
- Coach, mentor and evaluate current team of photojournalists
- Refine visual standards for best practices, training and department workflows
- Track and manage gear, equipment and supplies to address quality and safety concerns
- Serve as point of contact, along with Director of Technology to maintain smooth operation of all Dejero units
- Assist in the planning and execution of special projects, large scale event coverage and station initiatives
- Shoot and edit stories regularly
- Ensure all shifts and shows are filled properly
- 7-10 years of experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
- Must help promote a culture of innovative storytelling
- Advanced storytelling experienced required
- Must be able to tell the news story creatively with strong audio and visual skills
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with the ability to travel when necessary
- Strong computer skills in a mobile environment required
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Day, Evening, Overnight