Seeking a proactive, organized and efficient individual who is interested in working in all aspects of casting for Feature Animation to support the Head of Casting.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 12, 2022
The Casting Assistant will perform both Executive Assistant duties as well as those of a Casting Assistant for all DreamWorks Animation Features in Development and Production.
“What would you say you do here?”
- Balance multiple phone lines and maintain daily communication with Agencies, Managers and Production Staff concerning scheduling and paperwork.
- Manage Executive calendar, schedule meetings with talent and production teams both in-person and via VC softwares like Google Meet, and track talent records across multiple productions.
- Submit Executive Expense Reports and Travel Requests.
- Responsible for digital filing and organization of all casting paperwork including payment paperwork, deals, talent information, recordings, talent lists, and other materials across platforms including FileMaker, Excel, and company drives.
- Provide office admin support including supply orders, arrange for maintenance, manage incoming and outgoing mail, copy and filing of printed materials.
- Facilitate talent auditions both in-person and digitally, operate recording equipment, and organize all tapes for review. Set-up online auditions and record using softwares like BlueJeans, Google Meet, and Zoom.
- Source, isolate, and organize actor voice samples from past and current work to present to Director, Producer and Studio Executives.
- Catalog and organize Audio Library of pulled clips for ongoing reference.
- Seek and identify new and emerging talent in person as well as via digital media to generate ongoing lists of talent for Casting consideration.
- Contribute to and maintain Master Lists to track Casting Ideas and Discussions for all roles across all features.
- Coordinate Start Paperwork and payment for talent hired on Day Player Agreements.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of Video Conferencing Softwares and how to integrate them with Google Calendar
- Knowledge of Mac programs such as iMovie, Screenflow, and Quicktime.
- Knowledge of Voicebank, Studio System and Breakdown a plus.
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, MS Suite, and FileMaker Pro
- Experience with Advanced MS Word Functions a plus
- One year of experience in entertainment preferred, Agency or Casting experience a plus
- Must have good organizational skills in order to prioritize and complete simultaneous tasks
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills for both outward and upward correspondence Candidate should be professional with an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States