At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Animation Artists provide noted direction for our Partner Studio(s) to a standard set by the CG Animation Director(s) and/or the Animation Supervisor.
The Animation Artists also animate characters when requested and ensure that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Animation Artist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
If you are part of the fandom and believe teamwork makes the dream work, join us in #livingthedream and #doingyourdreamwork!
“What would you say you do here?”
- Review animation deliveries from Partner Studio(s) and provide clear and courteous notes while keeping in mind the overall workload of the animation team(s)
- Attend primary animation reviews to gather notes from show Creative Leadership
- Generate BG references for Partner Studio(s) that provide direction for staging of shots in usable areas of the sets
- Have a strong working knowledge of sets, characters and props and knowledge of the limitations of each
- Review designs, scripts and breakdown decisions to assist the CG Animation Director and/or Animation Supervisor
- When requested, animate characters in a variety of styles
- Attend storyboard and animatic reviews as workload allows
- Create Maya set dresses for specific episodic requirements under the guidance of the CG Animation Director and/or Animation Supervisor
- Work closely with the Crowd animation team to deliver crowd sims in the style of the show
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
• Strong animation skills
• Solid technical understanding of models and rigs
• Strong knowledge of Maya and fundamental skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems with files
• Ability to work in fast-paced production environment under tight deadlines
• Creative problem solving and adaptability skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
“What can I offer?”
• At least 3 years of production experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
• Experience with asset management software, Shotgrid preferred
• Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree preferred