Editors at Apple News highlight the best and most engaging content on our platform for our large national audience.
You will make real-time decisions based on the day’s events, curate content, write copy, and communicate directly with our publisher partners.
- Our next editor has strong editorial judgment, excellent headline-writing skills and can make curation decisions independently when news breaks.
- We’re looking for someone with experience using a variety of CMSs and a keen understanding of the tools that support state-of-the-art editorial.
- You are proficient with data and analytics and can responsibly incorporate user behavior into your editorial strategy.
- The right person for this role is passionate about sports and understands what drives fan engagement.
- Use your journalistic experience, sound editorial judgment, and team standards to source and select stories for our Local News feature, with an emphasis on quality, accuracy, topic diversity, and liveliness!
- Write sharp and engaging headlines with the Apple News audience in mind. Work with our copy editors to ensure your work meets all aspects of our house style.
- Work closely with your counterparts in Apple News’ publisher relations and engineering departments. This could include providing editorial input on the look and feel of new products, or improving the backend tools the team uses. Track the progress of product updates with our editorial goals in mind.
- Maintain relationships with editors at a variety of sports publications, and help them achieve success on the platform!
- Understand the critical metrics for your projects and — with News leadership — work toward them strategically. Play an active role in communicating and explaining your work to an internal audience. Share takeaways from your projects with the editorial team and to the larger News org.
- Surface bugs and other performance issues.
- Work with editorial team members to ensure that the best local stories and publishers get the most exposure possible.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities? Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants!