We are looking for a format-based and documentary Editor to add to our collaborative and creative team on Collector’s Call and other series for Decades, Start TV and MeTV.
Greater Chicago Area
Oct 07, 2022
General Job Description:
Collector’s Call is a weekly, original, half-hour television program. This show features various collectors and experts who appraise the collections and offer an item for trade which airs on the MeTV network. We are looking for a format-based and documentary Editor to add to our collaborative and creative team on Collector’s Call and other series for Decades, Start TV and MeTV. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skill set for creating compelling visual storytelling. They will be based in Chicago and will work with a creative team of writers, graphic artists and photographers/editors who produce collaborative content for broadcast.
- As member of a team of photographers, graphic artists, editors and producers, you can transport viewers back in time, create compelling visual and audio stories.You can edit quickly to bring evocative scripts to life.
- You are a natural leader; works well with others and love to tell stories.
- Create compelling stories of events in the past and effectively communicate their relevance to the viewer.
- Craft multiple pocket-documentaries each week, combing new interviews, original footage, and one of the deepest news archives in the business.
- Cultivate historical footage from a myriad of sources to best illustrate the story at hand.
- Act as a Director of Photography when needed to help shoot stories as well.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Adobe Premiere editing software experience strongly preferred.
- Grass Valley Asset Management knowledge a plus.
- Successful candidate will be able to function as an editor and shooter (as needed).
- Working knowledge and artistic abilities utilizing Adobe Photoshop and After Effects a major plus.
- Must have at least 5 years of nonlinear editing long form or documentary production experience in a professional environment.
- Must be able to thrive in a demanding, fast pace creative environment.
- Must be open to flexible schedule including nights and weekends.