10 Tampa Bay, the CBS affiliate in Tampa, (the 13th largest market) is looking for an Editor to join our award-winning team from 2:00 am - 10:30 am.
If you enjoy working in a creative, collaborative, fast-paced team environment, we want to hear from you. If you are a morning person, who wants to be in the know before everyone else, we want to hear from you. If you like being up before the sun and setting the tone for the day, we want to hear from you!
• Edits news and feature stories, voiceovers, teases, and other video elements for live shows and pre-taped specials as needed.
• Post video material to WTSP.COM and mobile apps as needed.
• Gather professional video and audio when necessary.
• Performs other duties in audio and video production as assigned.
• Please submit a link to a sample of your work.
• College degree with previous newsroom experience preferred
• Ability to work under time pressure deadlines; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple needs simultaneously
• Ability to determine good audio and picture quality; ability to edit with continuity and creativity on non-linear systems.
• Must be team oriented, have a positive attitude, possess good computer skills and strong communication skills.
• Must be a great communicator! If you have something to contribute, we want to hear from you. If you see something that can improve, you are expected AND encouraged to speak up. We represent a community of many so we want to hear all voices in the editorial process.
• Must be able to work a flexible shift and occasional overtime. Previous field videography and ENG experience a plus for occasional assignments.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.