Paramount is seeking an editorial assistant to support the editorial team and Creative & Strategy department at large. This position is an entryway into our writing staff, so creative writing experience is vital!
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
May 15, 2023
Paramount is seeking an editorial assistant to support the editorial team and Creative & Strategy department at large. Perform general office/admin duties, support the Editorial staff with research and help pitch in on smaller writing jobs as needed. We are looking for a strong writer who is also strategic, detailed and motivated to learn about the media industry with a strong desire to become an integral part of a busy, innovative in-house advertising, marketing and branding studio. This position is an entryway into our writing staff, so creative writing experience is vital!
Work M-F/9:30a-6:30p. The team is hybrid, working Tuesdays & Wednesdays in-office and the other days remote.
- Draft communications for the SVP and senior team members
- Provide coverage for the Executive Assistant occasionally when required
- Schedule and plan staff meetings
- Create presentations
- Coordinate departmental outings and initiatives
- Balance expenses
- Coordinate attendance for conferences and events
- Manage creative and office supplies
- Maintain status reports, databases, and portfolios
- Industry and current news research
- Develop content plans and assets for social media
- Provide editorial proofing and copywriting as primary duties are mastered
- Bachelor's Degree
- Writing experience in marketing, advertising, media, communications, or a related field (internships or in school experience considered)
- Work experience in an office setting (can include internships)
- Additional Qualifications:
- English, Communications or Journalism majors preferred
- Knowledge of Apple operating system and experience with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; also Apple Keynote and Slack
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Detail, deadline and solutions-oriented
- Innovative and creative writer and problem solver
- Able to collaborate across the department and cross-functionally with members of other teams
- Comfortable providing creative input on projects
- Ardent desire to learn about the media industry and work in a creative agency
Please submit writing samples with your resume for consideration.
Hiring Salary Range: $45000.0 - 55000.0.