Design and create images, elements, and effects (such as fire, smoke, water, destruction, magic, etc).
Greater Los Angeles Area
May 10, 2022
- Positions available at NBCUniversal Media (DreamWorks Animation , LLC - 1000 Flower Street, Glendale, CA 91201) for Effects Artist with the following job duties:
- Design and create images, elements, and effects (such as fire, smoke, water, destruction, magic, etc).
- Work with other artists, the FX head, VFX supervisor, and the director to achieve the art directed goals. Efficiently execute systems developed by other FX Artists and propagate/improve them in production shots. Offer solutions to meet production's creative and/or technical requirements.
- Ability to multitask, understand priorities, and hit deadlines. Ability to work independently on assignments and be proactive to show/department needs.
- Mentor and assist other artists in effects work and other computer graphics techniques.
- Stay abreast of current technologies and offer ideas to implement them effectively.
- Strong communication skills, interact professionally with others, respectful and punctual in meetings.
- Bachelor’s (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Visual Arts, Computer Engineering, Entertainment Technology or closely related field, plus 1 year of experience in the job or closely related occupation OR 5 years of experience in the job or a closely related occupation.
- Special Requirements: Must possess expertise/knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education.
- Such expertise/knowledge cannot be "quantified" by "time."
- Required expertise/knowledge includes: Production experience involving simulations of natural phenomenon, particle systems, procedural modeling, procedural animation, and other similar effects. Experience in feature-length animation or live-action VFX production pipeline.
- Understanding of Houdini, Nuke, or similar 3D packages for use in particle systems, fluid simulation, rigid bodies, procedural geometry and compositing.
- Demonstrated experience with customized HDA programming / visual effects.
- Experience in animation/graphics/computer science/VFX (or equivalent) program. Experience scripting and/or programming in Python
- We are offering a salary of $51.60/hour.
If interested in this position, please email resume to: Elsbeth Velasco at email@example.com, and indicate you are applying for the Effects Artists (KL22PN) opening. NBCU is an EOE.
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, California