To support the operations of the facilities engineering, coordinate and direct the maintenance and construction of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical, and non-mechanical, physical features inherent to TBS owned and occupied properties.
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 09, 2023
To support the operations of the facilities engineering, coordinate and direct the maintenance and construction of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical, and non-mechanical, physical features inherent to TBS owned and occupied properties. Maintain the schedule for electrical department. Manage parts ordered and supplies for turner Properties. Assist with overseeing project. Assist with overseeing PM/work orders.
Your Role Accountabilities
Electrician must possess a general working knowledge of electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment associated with buildings requiring general facilities care and cleaning practices. e.g. emergency diesel generators, UPS systems, batteries, fire suppression systems, paralleling switchgear, automatic transfer switches and switchgear breakers and controls.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and Turner Properties, Inc., safety regulations and procedures.
- Safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems.
- Maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will ensure their proper operation, performance and reliability. Perform other duties as required or assigned
- All assigned work projects must be performed to the highest standard as set forth by Turner Properties, Facility Services with the primary goal of consistently high quality, accuracy and neat job performance.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
- Read and apply work methods practices, all according to company policies, procedures and pertinent directives.
- Should be able to determine the reasons for component, systems or structure malfunctions, decide upon corrective actions and functions to ensure proper and timely repairs.
- Orient new employees and help train them regarding shift O&M required routines, including emergency fire and flooding operations.
- Participate in training programs available for self-improvement (i.e. provided switchgear and UPS simulators).
- Recommend special training for assigned employees when indicated by job performance and other on-shift activities in accordance with personnel policies and subject to approval of the Electrical Manager.
- Stay abreast of new technology that can improve the overall operations and maintenance of the department.
- Must be aware of personnel requirements for the Maintenance Department. Should ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and Turner Properties, Inc. safety regulations and procedures.
- May be required to work any shift as assigned by the Electrical Manager. May have to travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds.
- Conditions encountered include extremes in temperature, dust, and noise levels, which may require special protective devices and/or clothing.
- May be subjected to a 24 hour day and 7 days per week on call. Climbing and movement in hazardous areas may be required.
- Utilize all policies and practices consistent with departmental requirements to develop skills and confidence in work and understanding the goals of the company.
- Monitors work of personnel to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
- Works in conjunction with the Electrical Manager to help implement an effective P.M. program for all electrical components and systems. e.g. emergency diesel generators, UPS, fire alarm, Fenwal systems, batteries and breakers.
- Employee will maintain proper dress attire as instructed by their supervisor including but not limited to uniforms and proper shoes.
- Ensure that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Regular use of electrical test equipment, operation and dissemination of Infared Technology, load banking equipment, battery testing, emergency paralleling switchgear. Loading and unloading emergency diesel generators and placing UPS systems in by-pass operation.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Perform other duties as required or as assigned by the Electrical Manager.
- Required to pass oral board examinations of emergency systems, actions and communications. Have the ability to draw and explain the building emergency systems e.g. fuel transfer, start air systems, UPS's and switchgears.
- Perform Emergency Generator and UPS Operations and troubleshooting to support on-air operations.
- Provide input in developing annual planning for capital expenditures.
- Must be an effective team player and keep in mind the immediate and long-term goals of the department.
- Review schedules, operation reports, equipment conditions, parts and material inventories to help maximize effectiveness of department programs. Review available materials to discover ways that improvement can be made in utilities O&M.
- Recommend changes to the Manager Electrician regarding own position description and job requirements for future management considerations.
- Should always consider ways to improve, both efficiently and effectively, work related issues. Use the "one step ahead" approach in anticipating what will be necessary to complete all assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Manager Electrician /Electrical Manager (i.e. inspect and repair infrared discrepancies. Load test emergency diesel generators and UPS batteries. Troubleshoot and repair building fire alarm systems. Align fuel transfer and start air systems).
- Good communication and expression skills are a must in working effectively with all individuals both inside and outside the company. Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paper work e.g. work orders and operating logs.
- Must be aware of personnel requirements for the Facilities department and make recommendations for changes.
- Consult with Engineers and Contractors - As directed by the Electrical Manager, exchanges information regarding relevant components, systems and structures. Consult with Manufacturer's Representatives - As directed by the Electrical Manger, seeks and exchanges information regarding operation, maintenance and repair of existing or new components, systems and structures and confers on application of new developments in existing equipment available to the industry. Consult with vendors - As directed by the Electrical Manager, secures ordering information and prices for materials, equipment, spare parts, replacement equipment, etc., and exchanges information and relevant application data.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated. Must complete assigned tasks and duties on schedule.
Qualifications & Experience
- You must have a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible electrical experience required.
Day, Evening, Overnight