As Entertainment Rigger and Stage Hand you will move and spot stage scenic elements during our Broadway/West End Style Musical Theater Productions and be responsible for performer harness checks and flying hook-ups during our theater productions and entertainment events shipwide.
Orlando, Florida Area
Nov 16, 2022
You will partner with Automation Operator to maintain all shipwide automation and rigging systems to ensure good repair and proper usage for outdoor deck parties, shows and events.
You will report to Senior Technician Walt Disney Theater
- Move and spot stage scenic elements during our Broadway/West End Style Musical Theater Productions and be responsible for performer harness checks and flying hook-ups during our musical theater productions and entertainment events shipwide
- Partner with Automation Operator to maintain all shipwide automation and rigging systems to ensure good repair and proper usage for outdoor deck parties, shows, and events
- Be an important contributor to the Walt Disney Theater Team with responsibilities for load in and load outs, Cast changeovers, new show installations, equipment tests, vendor support, movie premiers and company events.
- Train in all outdoor rigging positions to safely operate during shows
- Minimum three years show production experience in a similar role
- Experience with the operation of computerized automation control equipment
- Can work at heights with heavy equipment
- Experience or qualifications in a theatrical/Entertainment-based rigging operation
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, electric motors, motor drives and controls, manual and automated rigging devices
This is a shipboard role
- Be genuinely interested in a career at sea and willing to live and work onboard a Disney Cruise Line vessel
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing to uphold the general safety management responsibilities as specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.