At the direction of the Executive Director of the Boca Raton Bowl, the Events Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of various aspects of the Boca Raton Bowl and ancillary bowl events as assigned.
Live Event / On Location Services
West Palm Beach, Florida Area
Sep 15, 2023
At the direction of the Executive Director of the Boca Raton Bowl, the Events Coordinator will be responsible for oversight of various aspects of the Boca Raton Bowl and ancillary bowl events as assigned. Functions will include, but are not limited to, operational, administrative and logistical aspects related to the execution of multiple bowl related events, pre-event planning and post-event evaluation, sales support, event coordination and administrative responsibilities. This position may also have responsibilities on other ESPN events and business functions, as assigned.
- Develop and coordinate annual events associated with the organization
- Directly manage office personnel and volunteers
- Act as a community liaison with city and county partners, sponsors, hotels, venues, conferences, schools and their stakeholders
- Support sales and marketing initiatives
- Administrative liaison to Charlotte and Bristol offices
- Conceptualize and implement social media plans
- Other events and duties, as assigned
- Experience in a professional setting which includes event management duties
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and use of all Microsoft office and graphics programs
- Advanced understanding of social media platforms and demonstrated experience
- Professional phone presence and in-person demeanor
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- 1 year of experience in a sport- or event-related capacity including a professional team, local organizing committee, convention & visitors bureau, athletic department or other related business
- Experience in marketing and understanding of event operations.
- Good presentation skills
- Understanding of college football, basketball, and the college bowl system
- Strong knowledge of ticket sales and corporate sales
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field.