WTVY News4 needs an Executive Producer ready to help lead a newsroom. Working collaboratively with the News Director, you will help shape each news day by coaching young producers and reporters to deliver top quality local journalism across a variety of platforms.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the "Hometown News Leader." Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
WTVY News4 needs an Executive Producer ready to help lead a newsroom. Working collaboratively with the News Director, you will help shape each news day by coaching young producers and reporters to deliver top quality local journalism across a variety of platforms. You will also help lead special projects, as well as innovating our coverage of the biggest events to fully serve our audiences. Together, you will help the News Director engage the entire station in creating ambitious goals and plans, then ensuring they're carried out. This is NOT an entry level positionand our desired candidate will bring at least two years' of experience to the role.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- With the News Director, develop and execute strategic plans and best practices that serve our community and deepen our relationship with our audience.
- Oversee the creation of accurate and dynamic local journalism for a variety of dayparts and platforms.
- Protect and defend the journalistic integrity of our news product with ethical decision-making.
- Produce daily news & regular special projects to compel and engage our audience, including executing breaking news & severe weather coverage to a standard of excellence.
- Provide effective coaching for your journalist by showcasing strong news judgment & professionalism.
- Write, edit & produce quality content for Dothan's top-rated newscasts.
- Build a game-plan daily with the help of our Digital Content Manager to maximize our reach and impact across all platforms.
- Coordinate news coverage of big stories and regional events with other Gray Television properties - primarily Alabama stations, plus WTVM and WALB in Georgia and WCTV and WJHG in Florida.
- Develop content with Weather & Sports teams, coordinating extended coverage and special projects where necessary.
- Improve our connection with our audience through initiatives like the News4 Now Desk, a livestreaming product.
- Perform well under pressure with exceptional time management skills, meeting multiple deadlines throughout the day.
- Adapt daily.
Experience required. The WTVY News4 Executive Producer will need significant knowledge of local journalism and a successful track record of working well with others. A bachelors degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field is preferred and a minimum of two years producing television news and leading other journalists is necessary. This is a leadership role, but also a hands-on position that demands mastery of multiple computer systems. Knowledge of current technologies like Edius, ENPS and iNews are a plus. Your ability to learn and adapt to change in an evolving industry and creatively solve new problems each day will ultimately drive your success.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.