Telemundo 51 (WSCV) in Miramar, FL, is currently seeking an Executive Producer for its newscasts. This is a leadership position focusing on smart coverage to help viewers make sense of the day’s major events.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
This includes production and promotion components of the newscast, news specials, and content on all digital platforms. The Executive Producer's role is also to provide feedback and coaching to news employees and perform as a member of the news management team.
- Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating the day’s top news stories, providing depth and perspective, working with the staff to develop enterprise stories and conduct expert interviews.
- This includes approval of rundowns, and management/ supervision of all news staff assigned to the evening newscasts.
- Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline
- Review daily line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms
- Oversee breaking news coverage when warranted
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Assist with the hiring and scheduling of producers and story producers
- Collaborate with Marketing Department on daily topical promotions for broadcast and digital platforms
- Cooperate and interact with News and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations
- Manage evening staff’s responsibilities to produce digital content.
- In the absence of the news director or assistant news director, the position will be in charge of the newsroom
- Perform other newsroom supervisory duties as assigned by the News Director and/or General Manager
- Manage non-staff out of area correspondents and story assignments, review charges and payments.
- Supervises news and holiday specials including annual specials.
- Reviews Grids and alerts producers to changes.
o Bilingual in English and Spanish
o Minimum of five years’ experience as a television (Executive) Producer in a medium or large market
o Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
o Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
o Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
o Proven strong leadership and management skills required
o Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
o Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
o Bachelor’s Degree
o Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
o Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
o Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
o Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
o Must have a valid Driver’s License
o Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
Day, Evening, Overnight