WMBF News in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to join our award-winning team. The Executive Producer is willing to set new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF News in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to join our award-winning team. The Executive Producer is willing to set new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable. You will be a member of the news management team, working with other department managers on major station initiatives. You will also ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices, and that we are a leader within the company and our industry. You are committed to this vision of success. You are also a stickler for the details, writing with AP Style and producing error-free work.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The ideal candidate will have experience producing compelling newscasts in a competitive market and will possess excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and creativity using graphics and video.
- Overseeing daily production of all newscasts
- You will train, manage and provide regular feedback to our producers and MMJs, specifically, as well as the newsroom staff at large.
- You will coach and be a motivator to inspire the entire team to produce strong, engaging content.
- Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth.
- Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
- Aggressive during breaking news and in covering weather
- Be the point person ensuring our daily and long-term projects, including special event and breaking news coverage, are multi-dimensional. You will act with urgency and be responsible for setting our coverage tone for the day.
- Identify opportunities for live streaming on our website and Facebook, getting live and user-generated content to our Alert Desk
- Help research, gather and check news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments, especially local and national news and weather
- Participate in story selection process through meetings
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once
- Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to fill-in for producers as needed
- Help plan special reports, promotions and other specials
- Work closely with news director to write and achieve newsroom goals and policies
- Assist with recruitment and hiring
- A college degree in journalism or related field, and at least two or more years of newsroom producing experience. At least one year in leadership or management position preferred.
- Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
- Experience with ENPS and non-linear editing software (EDIUS) is a plus
- Experience with managing staff during severe weather events is a plus
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.