City of Atlanta: Works with the location managers and production companies on logistics, coordinates City services, and lends suggestions to help with location scouting needs.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 19, 2022
Posting expires: 7/22/22
The film office is a one-stop shop to assist film, television, commercial and music productions with obtaining a City of Atlanta film permit. Acting as the liaison between our inside and outside city stakeholders to secure the proper tools needed to obtain a permit when filming in our parks, government buildings, city streets or securing other locations that fall under the city’s real estate. The Film Production Coordinator plays an intricate part from beginning to end to meet these goals when working with major, independent or student productions.
Film Production Coordinator – Film/Entertainment
- Works with the location managers and production companies on logistics, coordinates City services, and lends suggestions to help with location scouting needs
- Follows the “Good Neighbor Policy” when working with productions for film permits
- Executes the permitting process from beginning to the end
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and know how to navigate Google Maps
- Able to adapt to frequent changes and multi-task several projects
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Provides premier customer service and assistance to entertainment production companies working in Atlanta
- Supports the film production department with admin duties
- Take notes at meetings for internal references
- Maintains files and records regarding production projects and initiatives
- Comfortable liaising with community members, productions, and city stakeholders to handle requests and concerns.
- Visiting film sets to make sure guidelines are being followed
- Easily able to spot document discrepancies and correct quickly